The Centre Alexandre Koyré - CAK/Alexandre Koyré Center, takes a philosophical and sociological perspective in its focus on the social and cultural history of science, knowledge, and technology. The research carried out by the Center embraces a broad swathe of topics.
CAK researchers produce work on historical periods from Antiquity to the present day. They may take a cultural or geographic approach and analyses vary from the local to the global.
Objects of research range from: `
- Humanities and Social Sciences to Naturalism;
- the politics of scientific technology and innovation to the circulation of knowledge;
- visual cultures in science to the historical development and evolution of the scientific disciplines;
- the study of the body and human beings;
- the history and historiography of the sciences.