The GSPR, formed at the end of the 1990s, brings togethers two distinct sets of work: Pragmatic Sociology of Business, Controversy, and Crises and Information Technology exploring the use of new technologies in the Humanities.
GSPR's research is clustered around 7 inter-related areas:
- Sociology of Warning and Risk;
- Sociology of Controversy and Public Debate;
- Digital Sociology or Socio-Information;
- Sociology of Expertise;
- Future Modelling;
- Sociology of New Forms of Power and Control;
- Forms of International Mobilisation.