5th CIRED International Summer School in Economic modelling of Environment, Energy and Climate
The aim of the Summer School is to foster scientific exchanges between participants and faculty members about human and policy dimensions of urban sustainability, and the modelling methods relevant to address the different dimensions to this broad issue.
19 – 23 June 2023
Paris, France (in the beautiful Jardin Tropical, our CIRED campus)
The topic could cover retrospective (e.g. econometrics) and prospective (e.g. using integrated models) studies on all dimensions of urban sustainability: GHG emissions, adaptation to climate change, air pollution, ecosystem services. The studies should analyze either costs, benefits, or equity issues related to these concepts, and be relevant for policy making, for instance.
- What are the costs of urban climate change mitigation and/or adaptation policies?
- What are their co-benefits?
- What are their short and medium term distributional impacts ?
Those are some of the questions that will be raised during the Summer School, which will gather students working with quantitative approaches (retrospective, e.g. econometrics, or prospective, e.g. using integrated models) to address the different dimensions of this topic.
The lectures given by the School’s faculty members will provide the background scientific material. Participants will be asked to present a version of their research work and will receive valuable feedback from fellow students and from the School’s faculty members. Additional activities include group project exercises, reading sessions, conferences and social events. The faculty will be composed of researchers from CIRED, Climate Change Center Berlin Brandenburg, and international leaders in environmental economics and integrated assessment modelling.
24 March 2023: Deadline for application
7 Avril 2023: Notification of acceptance, registration opens
30 April 2023: Deadline for registration
19-23 June 2023: Summer School
Application and scholarship
The Summer School is aimed at advanced graduates (PhD and master) and post-doctoral students in environmental and energy economics and modelling.
A participation fee of EUR 100 will cover lunches and social dinner.
The School organisers will make available a limited number of scholarships to applicants from lower income countries. The scholarships will cover travel costs and participation fees to the School.
Documents to upload are :
- Curriculum vitae (1 page) ;
- A short motivation letter (500 words max) ;
- A short abstract of your intended presentation during the Summer School (500 words max) ;
- A Letter(s) of reference (optional).
Please note that mandatory documents are to be uploaded as a single .pdf file containing the documents in the same order.
- Philippe Quirion (CIRED, CNRS)
- Vincent Viguié (CIRED, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech)
- Felix Creutzig (Climate Change Center Berlin Brandenburg, TU Berlin)
- Audrey De Nazelle (Centre for Environmental Policy, Imperial College London)
- Améline Vallet (CIRED & ESE, AgroParisTech)
The summer school is the 5th edition of CIRED International Summer School, which for the first time is jointly organized with Climate Change Center Berlin Brandenburg (Berlin).