The Thematic Network Principles of Cultural Dynamics (PCD) is pleased to announce:
5 Global Humanities Junior Fellowships
One fellowship per partner institution (as listed below) shall be provided for MA or PhD students in the Humanities, working on questions related to the network’s topic. These fellowships will enable Fellows to conduct research at Freie Universität Berlin for four to six months in 2018.
Eligible candidates must be based at one of the following institutions:
- Harvard University, Mahindra Humanities Center
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Faculty of Humanities
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Research Institute for the Humanities
- The Johns Hopkins University, Humanities Center
- École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales (EHESS), Paris.
Fellows are obliged to participate in the PCD network’s Global Humanities Campus, consisting of a two-week summer school and a workshop taking place in Berlin in the summer (July 23 – August 4, 2018). They may schedule their research stays at a time of their choosing, so long as they are able to fulfill their mandatory participation in the Global Humanities Campus. Fellows will receive a lump sum for travel purposes as well as a monthly stipend. The PCD-coordinator of their home institution will assist fellows in preparing their stay. The PCD-coordinator at the EHESS is Jean-Marie Schaeffer (email@example.com).
For further information, please refer to the FAQs on the network’s website (http://www.fu-berlin.de/principles-cultural-dynamics) or contact the PCD-coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will manage the selection process. Applicants should be prepared to submit the following documents for consideration by e-mail to email@example.com:
- Outline of their research project (not to exceed one page)
- The dates of their intended stay
- A copy of their latest degree
- Proof (e.g. in the form of an email exchange) that the professor with whom the applicant wishes to work at Freie Universität Berlin (‘mentor’) is willing to supervise the applicant during his or her research stay.
The deadline for the submission of documents is the 05.12.2017