Notice regarding the vacancy of professors jobs at EHESS in 2021
EHESS invites applications for several positions:
2 Associate Professorships
6 Full Professorships
2 Double Chair Professorships
Duties to begin on 1st September 2021.
The school :
The Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (School of Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences) is a public institution and a scientific, cultural and professional hub. The school is a “grand établissement” committed to research in humanities and social sciences and to training aspiring researchers. With 1,800 PhD students and 1,200 masters’ students – a total of 3,000 students study at EHESS. Nearly 250 doctoral theses in all social science fields are defended every year.
EHESS is the leading partner of CNRS in humanities and social sciences (300 researchers, 170 research assistants belong to the School’s 35 joint research units).
EHESS is one of the initiators of “Campus Condorcet – Paris Aubervilliers”. The campus is meant to be an international Campus. By 2019 and 2021 half of the EHESS research centres will be based on campus. In addition, EHESS has facilities in Marseille, Toulouse and Lyon.
The roles of Full Professors and Associate Professors at EHESS at a glance:
- Basic and applied research in social sciences: this includes the links articulating the social sciences with mathematics and the natural and life sciences;
- Teaching and research training in social sciences, in particular through participation in in-house and national graduate diplomas; they participate in exam committees for the purpose of granting the university degrees that the school delivers;
- Professors and Associate professors are engaged in and coordinate a network of professors and researchers in social sciences from France and other countries, and disseminate scientific and technical culture and information;
- They constantly work at the international scale and in particular with European scientific community in order to collect and share data, organise coordinated research projects and build knowledge in social sciences.
Open positions are not restricted to particular areas of study and cover all disciplines.
Candidates whose research is open to interdisciplinarity and candidates favouring global perspectives will be particularly valued.
We welcome applications from disabled people for all our positions.
EHESS values gender equality. Our recruitment policy aims to improve the representation of women in the workplace.
In light of the coronavirus challenges, we receive applications through our online portal only (it is no longer possible to apply on paper and mail your application).
If you would like to apply, please register via our online application form (http://recrutement.ehess.fr/) and upload your documents from Monday 2nd November 2020 to Monday 30th November 2020.
How to apply
You will be asked to upload PDF documents only. Please check the job description for a detailed description of the application process and for specific requirements for the position you are applying for.
You will be asked to follow a two-step process to upload your documents:
- Please register on http://recrutement.ehess.fr and upload the three following documents: your CV, your research project and an abridged version of your CV and research project. The application deadline is 30th November 2020 at 4pm (Paris time).
- When you are registered, our recruitment services will email you your personal login details. You will then have access to https://mesdocuments.aria.ehess.fr where you can upload your documents from 2nd November to 30th November 2020.
Please note that our recruitment services will email you your login details after they receive and process your registration on http://recrutement.ehess.fr/. To avoid overload on 30th November, we therefore recommend that you do not delay your registration
Please check the job description for a detailed description of the application process and for specific requirements for the position you are applying for.
We will only consider complete applications uploaded before the closing date.
Application deadline is 30th November 2020. Any document uploaded after the closing date will be rejected.
After the closing date for registrations/digital applications on 30th November at midnight (Paris time):
- Applications for full professorship positions will first be examined by a commission and then by the assembly of EHESS full professors.
- Applications for associate professorship positions will be first examined by a commission and then by the assembly of EHESS associate professors and full professors.
These commissions and assemblies will meet in May and June 2021 after reviewing the candidates’ publications and works. They will select one applicant for each open position.
After the validation by the competent section of the Institut de France of the selected applications, they will be sent to the minister in charge of Higher Education, Research and Innovation.
The results will be available on the EHESS website in mid-June 2021.
Should you have any question, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates “elected” by the Assembly will be required to provide a hard copy of all the books and articles they will have submitted with their application.
Recruitment office will contact each “elected” candidate to receive their application on a paper copy.